Wednesday, September 15, 2010

life

I am mainly doing a new post because "baby girl is turning 6" is a year and a half old. Time to write about something new.

I have been following a friends blog who is in the process of adopting.  She recently has experienced two failed adoptions.  It reminded me of when we were going through this process and how absolutely devastating it is to have situations not work out and sometimes not just once but multiple times.  Time does heal the wounds especially when One has three little miracles to help with the healing.  However, telling someone this while they are going through it, does not help.  I have found myself with nothing to say because I know that no words will take the pain away.  I am constantly reminded that life isn't fair so when life hands you something good, hold on to it with all your might and never take it for granted.

My children, though a handful for sure are my biggest joy.  They make me smile every day ( some days more than others)

I love Addie for her ultimate girliness.  She is everything girl!  She is in to pageants, cheerleading, dance gymnastics, clothes, makeup, purses, shoes...... She is a smart girl and when she is not being sassy she is very sweet!
Trey is my nerd and I mean that as a compliment.  He loves numbers and letters and reads extremely well for a 4 year old.  He asks me all sorts of questions that I don't know how to answer.  I run to the computer and google it so I will still be the smart mom!  He is shy but getting better in social situations.  He loves stop signs and wants to be a crossing guard when he grows up.  He also likes basketball and singing.  (especially show tunes)Peyton is my goofball!  He is adorable and so full of life.  He is soooo mischievous.  He has the cutest smile and contagious laugh. He speaks his own language and growls. He is very social.  He loves trains and trucks and hates Halloween stuff.  Which is so not right since he was born just 2 days shy of Halloween. 

Anyway, I love my kids and I am extremely grateful for them.  Even though the road to adoption can be a rough and painful process I am glad I did it and didn't give up when things got rough.. Oh so much I would have missed.

1 comment:

Megz said...

You have such cute kids and it's strange to even imagine a time when they weren't 'yours'.
My heart goes out to all those failed adoptions out there. Can't even imagine the agony.